Copyrights of Vietnam News Agency
5, Ly Thuong Kiet Street , Hanoi, Vietnam
Health Ministry receives 500,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated by Argentina
Hanoi, December 2 (VNA) – The Ministry of Health received 500,000 doses of Astra Zeneca COVID-19 vaccine, worth over 2 million USD presented by the Government of Argentina, at a ceremony held in Hanoi on December 2.
Speaking at the handover ceremony, Deputy Minister of Health Tran Van Thuan said the cooperation between Argentina and Vietnam is developing well since the two countries established diplomatic relations in 1973. The seventh meeting of the Argentina-Vietnam Intergovernmental Committee on Economic, Trade and Science and Technology Cooperation was held virtually in October this year.
Regarding the health sector, the two sides will strengthen cooperation on food safety and the use of Argentinean pharmaceutical products in Vietnam. In particular, the two sides agreed to strengthen collaboration to improve medical service quality, health infrastructure, and the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Argentinean Ambassador to Vietnam Luis Pablo Maria Beltramino said this is the first time that the Argentinean Government has donated COVID-19 vaccine to another country and Vietnam is the country that has received the most vaccine support from Argentina, adding that his country will always remember that Vietnam has supported Argentina with 20,000 masks for the prevention of COVID-19 last year./.
- 490 new COVID-19 cases recorded on October 210/02/2022 18:10
- 671 new COVID-19 cases recorded on October 110/01/2022 17:56
- Thailand ends COVID-19 emergency10/01/2022 17:28
- Indonesia licenses first home-grown COVID-19 vaccine 09/30/2022 18:37
- Vietnam logs additional 1,470 COVID-19 cases on September 3009/30/2022 18:34
- Singapore authorises use of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine on under-five children09/30/2022 15:01
- Laos launches COVID-19 vaccination for five-year-old children 09/30/2022 11:31
- 978 new COVID-19 cases recorded on September 2909/29/2022 18:27
- COVID-19: 1,587 new cases recorded on September 2809/28/2022 18:41
- 1,585 new COVID-19 cases logged on September 2709/27/2022 18:17
- Vietnam reports additional 1,432 COVID-19 infections on September 2609/26/2022 18:47
- Vietnam records lowest number of COVID-19 cases in two months09/25/2022 18:24
- Vietnam logs additional 1,176 COVID-19 infections on Sept. 2409/24/2022 18:15
- Vietnam plans to vaccinate under-5 children against COVID-19 if there’s scientific basis09/24/2022 15:32
- Vietnam records 2,545 new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 2309/23/2022 18:38