Copyrights of Vietnam News Agency
5, Ly Thuong Kiet Street , Hanoi, Vietnam
Health Ministry receives 500,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated by Argentina
Hanoi, December 2 (VNA) – The Ministry of Health received 500,000 doses of Astra Zeneca COVID-19 vaccine, worth over 2 million USD presented by the Government of Argentina, at a ceremony held in Hanoi on December 2.
Speaking at the handover ceremony, Deputy Minister of Health Tran Van Thuan said the cooperation between Argentina and Vietnam is developing well since the two countries established diplomatic relations in 1973. The seventh meeting of the Argentina-Vietnam Intergovernmental Committee on Economic, Trade and Science and Technology Cooperation was held virtually in October this year.
Regarding the health sector, the two sides will strengthen cooperation on food safety and the use of Argentinean pharmaceutical products in Vietnam. In particular, the two sides agreed to strengthen collaboration to improve medical service quality, health infrastructure, and the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Argentinean Ambassador to Vietnam Luis Pablo Maria Beltramino said this is the first time that the Argentinean Government has donated COVID-19 vaccine to another country and Vietnam is the country that has received the most vaccine support from Argentina, adding that his country will always remember that Vietnam has supported Argentina with 20,000 masks for the prevention of COVID-19 last year./.
- COVID-19 cases nears 15,000 on January 23 [CORRECTION]01/23/2022 18:28
- COVID-19 cases nears 15,000 on January 2301/23/2022 18:10
- Health ministry calls for facilitation of people’s return to hometowns01/23/2022 15:04
- COVID-19: New cases on January 22 total 15,707 01/22/2022 18:27
- Overseas Vietnamese honoured for contributions to homeland’s COVID-19 combat 01/22/2022 17:16
- New regulations for domestic travellers01/22/2022 14:11
- Indonesia pushes for formation of new global health agency: President01/21/2022 19:54
- Additional 15,935 COVID-19 cases recorded on Jan. 2101/21/2022 19:31
- Singapore face rising COVID-19 cases01/21/2022 18:54
- Laos considers loosening entry regulations 01/21/2022 18:01
- Thailand’s economic growth projected at 3.5-4.5 percent this year01/21/2022 15:59
- Vietnam Airlines resumes regular flights to Europe from Jan 24, to Russia from Jan 2901/21/2022 15:02
- Malaysia shortens quarantine period for travellers with booster shots01/21/2022 14:03
- ASEAN Committee in Czech Republic supports local people amid COVID-1901/21/2022 11:10
- More flights to be launched to bring overseas Vietnamese home: spokesperson01/20/2022 20:17