Copyrights of Vietnam News Agency
5, Ly Thuong Kiet Street , Hanoi, Vietnam
Philippines may extend public health emergency till year-end
Hanoi, August 18 (VNA) -
Philippine President Ferdinand Romualdez Marcos has said that he is mulling
extending the nationwide state of public health emergency until the end of this
year as the country continues to grapple with COVID-19.
Marcos said lifting the state of emergency might deprive his country of aid or supplies that global agencies such as the World Health Organisation give to the international medical community. Therefore, it is likely to be extended until the end of this year, Marcos told reporters on the sidelines of the PinasLakas vaccination campaign in Manila on August 17.
In March 2020, former President Rodrigo Duterte declared a state of public health emergency in the country due to the coronavirus outbreak. Then, it is extended until September 12 this year.
The Philippines reported 2,892 new cases on August 17, raising the total caseload in the Southeast Asian country to over 3.84 million.
Marcos urged the public to get the booster shots, stressing its importance in opening up the economy and preventing crippling lockdowns./.
- 490 new COVID-19 cases recorded on October 210/02/2022 18:10
- 671 new COVID-19 cases recorded on October 110/01/2022 17:56
- Thailand ends COVID-19 emergency10/01/2022 17:28
- Indonesia licenses first home-grown COVID-19 vaccine 09/30/2022 18:37
- Vietnam logs additional 1,470 COVID-19 cases on September 3009/30/2022 18:34
- Singapore authorises use of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine on under-five children09/30/2022 15:01
- Laos launches COVID-19 vaccination for five-year-old children 09/30/2022 11:31
- 978 new COVID-19 cases recorded on September 2909/29/2022 18:27
- COVID-19: 1,587 new cases recorded on September 2809/28/2022 18:41
- 1,585 new COVID-19 cases logged on September 2709/27/2022 18:17
- Vietnam reports additional 1,432 COVID-19 infections on September 2609/26/2022 18:47
- Vietnam records lowest number of COVID-19 cases in two months09/25/2022 18:24
- Vietnam logs additional 1,176 COVID-19 infections on Sept. 2409/24/2022 18:15
- Vietnam plans to vaccinate under-5 children against COVID-19 if there’s scientific basis09/24/2022 15:32
- Vietnam records 2,545 new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 2309/23/2022 18:38