Copyrights of Vietnam News Agency
5, Ly Thuong Kiet Street , Hanoi, Vietnam
Thailand rescinds COVID-19 vaccination rules for visitors
Bangkok, January 10 (VNA) - Thailand on January 9 rescinded a policy announced recently requiring visitors to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul said requiring visitors to show evidence of vaccination was inconvenient and a panel of experts had resolved that it was unnecessary as enough vaccinations had been administered globally.
Anutin added that visitors who have not vaccinated would also be granted entry without restriction.
The country's aviation authority on January 7 announced the restrictions, effective on January 9, ahead of an expected deluge of visitors from China, where COVID-19 cases have surged.
One of Asia's most popular travel destinations, Thailand is enjoying an influx of tourists during its first peak season since the removal of tight entry restrictions last year.
In November, it recorded 1.75 million visitors, quadruple the number received for the whole of last year when flights and foreign arrivals were limited.
Anutin said Thailand was now expecting 7-10 million Chinese visitors, compared to an earlier estimate of 5 million.
Thailand's tourism authority is expecting arrival numbers to have exceeded 11.5 million this year, just over a quarter of the record of nearly 40 million in pre-pandemic 2019, who spent about 1.91 trillion baht (55.17 billion USD).
- Timely adjusting anti-COVID-19 measures to ensure public health03/26/2023 15:21
- Vietnam in sustainable management phase of COVID-19 pandemic: WHO representative03/24/2023 16:35
- Vietnam logs seven new COVID-19 cases on March 2003/20/2023 19:08
- Mong Cai int’l border gate welcomes first foreign tourist group post COVID-1903/15/2023 15:46
- National COVID-19 caseload rises to 11,527,04603/13/2023 19:18
- British couple return to thank medical staff for saving them from COVID-1903/10/2023 08:36
- Thailand spends 12.8 billion USD to fight COVID-19 over three years 03/06/2023 09:06
- Vietnam attends Baku Summit of Non-Aligned Movement Contact Group in response to COVID-1903/03/2023 17:00
- Thailand’s employment backs to pre-COVID level: NESDC03/03/2023 15:28
- National COVID-19 caseload rises to 11,526,90502/27/2023 19:38
- Vietnam's COVID-19 caseload rises to 11,526,82502/20/2023 19:49
- National COVID-19 caseload rises to 11,526,70402/13/2023 19:06
- COVID-19 recognised as occupational disease from April 102/12/2023 16:44
- Singapore eases travel restrictions related to COVID-1902/09/2023 14:57
- Thai agency reaffirms effectiveness of vaccine against COVID-1902/08/2023 16:17