Copyrights of Vietnam News Agency
5, Ly Thuong Kiet Street , Hanoi, Vietnam
Thailand revives COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all visitors
Bangkok, January 8 (VNA) – The Civil
Aviation Authority of Thailand has officially informed relevant parties about the change in immigration rules for all foreign over-18 visitors to Thailand, Minister of Transport Saksayam Chidchob said on January 7.
Accordingly, all foreign over-18 visitors must show proof of at least two COVID-19 vaccinations or their recovery from the virus not more than 6 months before entering the country.
Unvaccinated visitors will need a medical report justifying their lack of inoculations. The rules apply until Jan 31.
Additionally, visitors from countries that require COVID-19 tests for arrivals from Thailand must have health insurance during their stay.
Airlines are required to screen visitors’ eligibility to enter Thailand under the reimposed rules. People suspected of displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will be advised to get tested on arrival.
The reintroduction of entry requirements aimed at stemming the spread of COVID-19 came at a time when China reopened the country to the world and scrapped quarantine for arrivals from Jan 8.
Thailand expects 60,000 Chinese visitors this month. The figure may reach 300,000 in the first quarter of this year./.
- Timely adjusting anti-COVID-19 measures to ensure public health03/26/2023 15:21
- Vietnam in sustainable management phase of COVID-19 pandemic: WHO representative03/24/2023 16:35
- Vietnam logs seven new COVID-19 cases on March 2003/20/2023 19:08
- Mong Cai int’l border gate welcomes first foreign tourist group post COVID-1903/15/2023 15:46
- National COVID-19 caseload rises to 11,527,04603/13/2023 19:18
- British couple return to thank medical staff for saving them from COVID-1903/10/2023 08:36
- Thailand spends 12.8 billion USD to fight COVID-19 over three years 03/06/2023 09:06
- Vietnam attends Baku Summit of Non-Aligned Movement Contact Group in response to COVID-1903/03/2023 17:00
- Thailand’s employment backs to pre-COVID level: NESDC03/03/2023 15:28
- National COVID-19 caseload rises to 11,526,90502/27/2023 19:38
- Vietnam's COVID-19 caseload rises to 11,526,82502/20/2023 19:49
- National COVID-19 caseload rises to 11,526,70402/13/2023 19:06
- COVID-19 recognised as occupational disease from April 102/12/2023 16:44
- Singapore eases travel restrictions related to COVID-1902/09/2023 14:57
- Thai agency reaffirms effectiveness of vaccine against COVID-1902/08/2023 16:17