Copyrights of Vietnam News Agency
5, Ly Thuong Kiet Street , Hanoi, Vietnam
Virtual tourism offers new way for Ha Giang
Ha Giang, December 2 (VNA) – The northern province of Ha
Giang has taken the advantage of digital platforms to promote tourism as part of
efforts to maintain its position as an attractive tourist destination amid
This year, the Ha Giang Buckwheat Flower Festival has been held online last for the first time ever. Its seventh edition was broadcast on television channels, online newspapers and social media.
Director of the Ha Giang tourism promotion centre Dang Quoc Su said his centre recently held virtual tours in an effort to maintain tourism activities against the backdrop of the pandemic, adding a tour featuring buckwheat flower on the Dong Van Karst Plateau UNESCO Global Geopark was launched on November 28, drawing the participation of 100 travel companies.
The programme offered Ha Giang a new method to promote its tourism and at the same time helped travel firms build new activities.
In December, the centre will continue to organise similar ones introducing agro-tourism products, cuisine and traditional brocade weaving villages, among others.
Travel firms and establishments in Ha Giang have made short videos featuring local landscapes and facilities, and uploaded them on social media networks to attract more visitors.
Online tours and tourism promotion on digital platforms are among key focus of Ha Giang's digital transformation and digital economy development
Virtual tours are suitable method to ease firms’ difficulties amid COVID-19 and they can be applied at other destinations nationwide, experts said.
This year, tourist arrivals to Ha Giang slipped by half compared to the year’s plan of about 900,000 due to the complex developments of COVID-19./.
- COVID-19 cases nears 15,000 on January 23 [CORRECTION]01/23/2022 18:28
- COVID-19 cases nears 15,000 on January 2301/23/2022 18:10
- Health ministry calls for facilitation of people’s return to hometowns01/23/2022 15:04
- COVID-19: New cases on January 22 total 15,707 01/22/2022 18:27
- Overseas Vietnamese honoured for contributions to homeland’s COVID-19 combat 01/22/2022 17:16
- New regulations for domestic travellers01/22/2022 14:11
- Indonesia pushes for formation of new global health agency: President01/21/2022 19:54
- Additional 15,935 COVID-19 cases recorded on Jan. 2101/21/2022 19:31
- Singapore face rising COVID-19 cases01/21/2022 18:54
- Laos considers loosening entry regulations 01/21/2022 18:01
- Thailand’s economic growth projected at 3.5-4.5 percent this year01/21/2022 15:59
- Vietnam Airlines resumes regular flights to Europe from Jan 24, to Russia from Jan 2901/21/2022 15:02
- Malaysia shortens quarantine period for travellers with booster shots01/21/2022 14:03
- ASEAN Committee in Czech Republic supports local people amid COVID-1901/21/2022 11:10
- More flights to be launched to bring overseas Vietnamese home: spokesperson01/20/2022 20:17